Your business could help us make a real difference in the local community.
The support of local and national businesses is vital to the running of our foodbank. We’d love your business to help us tackle food poverty on your doorstep. There are lots of ways to get involved, from volunteering with us a team building activity, to sharing your expertise.
- Organise a fundraising event to help make sure that no-one has to go hungry.
- Sponsor or donate equipment to help with the day-to-day running of the foodbank.
- Hold a team building day – volunteer with us and see how many food donations your team can sort and pack for people in crisis.
- Ask your staff to share their workplace skills with our volunteers to make us more effective.
- Run a food drive at your offices.
If your company shares our belief that no-one should go hungry in our local area, we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about getting involved please contact us.
A huge THANK YOU to Jill Witheyman of AVA Berries, Arbroath who are kindly fund raising for Angus foodbank.
On Sunday 27th May, our very own Rob, Fraser, Zoe, and Andrew will run the Edinburgh Marathon Festival Hairy Haggis Team Relay in aid of a brilliant charity, Angus Food Banks.
Angus Food Banks provides a lifeline for local people in crisis. They have distribution centres in Forfar, Montrose, and Arbroath from where they can provide three days’ nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to those that need it the most. Over the summer, AVA Berries will also be donating fresh berries to Angus Food Banks distribution centres every week, because fresh fruit should be able to be enjoyed by everyone.
The 26.2-mile marathon is split into four legs and will be a true test of team work and endurance. Having grown berries across Angus for many years, the area is close to all our hearts. Any money that you can spare, no matter how little, will make huge difference in the life of someone in need.
Good Luck Team AVA! You can do this! From all the Team at Angus Soft Fruits.